ASIAS/ASRS Linkage with your SMIS
“Data based decision making is one of the most important facets of any management system” ICAO Safety Management Manual (Doc9859) 3rd Ed, Chapter 2
We recognize that within the aviation industry there are many different IT suppliers that provide systems to manage the day-to-day running of the organization. While we specialize in compliance safety and quality software, there are also other IT suppliers that have synergies that allow your SMIS to effectively manage the data integrated from these systems to manage both quality and safety. Through integration, our approach is to create a holistic view of safety and in turn allow the organization to have a full understanding of areas of concern which can be identified for improvement.
ASIAS (AVIATION SAFETY INFORMATION ANALYSIS AND SHARING) is the FAA’s aviation safety incident data management and analysis program. The ASIAS system enables users to perform integrated queries across multiple databases, search an extensive warehouse of safety data, and display pertinent elements in an array of useful formats.
- The ASIAS program is an FAA database accessing 185 data sources (including ASAP and FOQA) to monitor known risks, evaluate the effectiveness of deployed mitigations, and detect emerging hazards (“big data” system)
- Available data includes over 141,000 ASAP reports, FOQA data for over 12 million operations and over 56,000 air traffic services safety reports
- ASIAS is maintained by MITRE Corporation on behalf of the FAA
ASRS (NASA) Aviation Safety Reporting System captures confidential reports, analyses the resulting aviation safety data, and disseminates vital information to the aviation community in order to lessen the likelihood of aviation accidents. The program is confidential, voluntary and non-punitive
ASRS has collected more than 1,000,000 reports and is managed by NASA on behalf of the FAA
ASIAS supporting databases include:
- FAA Accident/Incident Data System (AIDS)
- Air Registry (AR)
- NASA Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS)
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS)
ASIAS provides data on key safety performance indicators, helping aviation organizations to benchmark and establish safety performance targets in accordance to FAA requirements for Safety Management Systems (SMS).
Integration between ASIAS and your SMIS allows customers to provide their data to ASRS, securely and with confidence to contribute to the powerful analysis tool that ASIAS provides.
The objectives of ASIAS linkage are to:
- Simplify the process for Ideagen Gael’s customers to provide data in a format required by ASRS
- Ensure data is communicated in a secure and confidential manner
- Utilize the ASIAS nomenclature for standardization of terminology between the aviation organization and ASIAS
- Provides our customers with the ability to contribute to the ASIAS program with minimal effort.
Contact us to discuss integration at your organization.